Curated by Chris Difford, the Song Club album is inspired by the work of Hannah Grace Deller, a nurse on the front
line. In addition to being a paediatric matron Hannah is a talented photographer who, throughout the Covid-19
pandemic, has been documenting her and her colleagues’ experiences. When Hannah’s photographic work was
featured on the Channel 4 programme ‘Grayson’s Art Club’, it grabbed the attention of the Squeeze co-founder and
Grammy nominated and double Ivor Novello Award winning lyricist.
“I first saw Hannah’s photography on Grayson Perry’s Channel Four program ‘Art Club’. Lockdown provided some great TV moments and this was one of them. Inspired by her work I asked all of my co-writing chums to use her photographs as inspiration for songwriting. Together we have created a body of work to raise funds for the frontline workers, it has been so inspiring to hear the results” says Difford.
Difford’s co-writing chums are a host of world-class, award-winning songwriters – including Nick Heyward, Graham Gouldman, Beth Nielsen Chapman, Mark Nevin, Julia Fordham, Robert Vincent, Judie Tzuke, Kimmie Rhodes, Judith Owen and Kathryn Williams – who have used their time in lockdown to document a poignant moment in time.
“Songwriters have been in lockdown like everyone else and collectively we have dark stages and an unsure future regarding live performances, so this has been something to focus on by way of embracing the amazing work of the NHS and frontline workers” says Difford. “My aim is to document this strange time we are living in and I hope bring inspiring songs to the ears of many.”
The Song Club album will be released on October 23rd 2020, with proceeds to RCN Foundation COVID-19 Support Fund – www.rcnfoundation.org.uk. The RCN Foundation is an independent charity whose purpose is to support and strengthen nursing to improve the health and wellbeing of the public.
PRE-ORDER THE ALBUM AT https://slinky.to/SongClub
- Working On The Frontline – Jessie & The Leonards (featuring Hannah Grace Deller)
- For Us – Judie Tzuke
- Find a Way – Sara Douga & Gregor Philp
- Sunday – Julia Fordham
- Code Sunshine – Kimmie Rhodes
- Bittersweet – Komal
- Sick of the Sight of You – Bill Lloyd (featuring Beth Nielsen Chapman)
- We Can Breathe – Nick Heyward
- Invisible Smile – Beth Nielsen Chapman
- I See You – Graham Gouldman
- It Has To Be Done – Judith Owen
- If It Wasn’t For You – William Rees
- These Times….Again – Robert Vincent
- Hope We All Deserve – Roisin Donald & Mairéad Carlin
- Hannah Takes Pictures – Kathryn Williams
- Six Degrees – Hannah Grace Deller
- Save Us All – Jeff Goldford and Jeff Cohen
- Rehashtag the World – Ruby Dew
- Still With You – Mairéad Carlin & Ronan Scolard
- All Ashore – Charlie Wood